Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Solar Midnight -- A Sellout by Lupe Fiasco?

Lupe Fiasco has a bonus track on iTunes for the soundtrack to The Twilight Saga: New Moon called "Solar Midnight" which he produced himself. On his Myspace blog, Fiasco addressed concerns by the fans who believed that he had "sold out" by making a song for the Twilight soundtrack. He says "I'm not SELLING OUT by doing a song for NEW MOON...People thought I 'SOLD OUT' when I did 'Kick, Push'".

I call it innovative...Definitely NOT a "sell-out". It's a new genre of music and people are embracing it more and more every year. Once you can get a multitude of different types of listeners listening to your music, than you know you've did the right thing. I'm sure Lupe Fiasco will be "Selling Out" Arenas from coast-to-coast for many years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment